Technical innovations surprise us almost every day. Some of them have a rather narrow application, while others – on the contrary get distribution. Not so long ago, in our market of electronic equipment appeared a smart watch and immediately interested the public. The idea of creating a smart watch is not new and originates in the 1970s. And the first hours, which can be called reasonable, was the device company Seiko, invented in 1982.
What can a smart watch?
- GPS – determines the current location. In some models, this function records the distance traveled and helps to go back, while in others it navigates the map. Sometimes there are devices that support GPS and Glonass.
- The compass is used for orientation in the terrain.
- A smart alarm clock – works under certain phases of a person’s sleep, so that awakening is comfortable.
- Sleep monitoring monitors sleep and awakening time, determines the ratio of sleep phases.
- Monitoring physical activity collects information about the user’s physical actions.
- Monitoring the cost of calories will be useful for athletes and those who want to lose weight.
- Accelerometer – tracks the movements and physical activity of the user.
- Gyro – measures the angles of rotation relative to the fixed axis of coordinates.
- Altimeter – determines the height of the user’s location above sea level.
- Thermometer – measures the temperature of the air. A useful device for tourists and lovers of outdoor activities.
- Pulsometer – measures the heart rate of the user. Such a sensor is required for athletes and people suffering from cardiovascular diseases.
- Camera – provides photo and video.
- Microphone – allows you to use the clock as a voice recorder and is used for voice control of the device.
- The speaker is a multifunctional device. Some speakers are only able to notify or transmit simple signals, others reproduce video, music.
- FM radio – allows you to listen to music, news and the like.
- Headphone jack – allows you to listen to headphones music and other audio files.
Metal is more reliable than plastic
When choosing a smartwatch, pay attention to what the body of the device is made from. Usually it is either plastic or metal. Plastic at least light and cheap, and not too resistant to damage. The exception is polycarbonate – a very durable plastic. Compared to a strong, but inexpensive material – stainless steel. Aluminum – is cheaper and lighter than stainless steel, but less durable and durable material, and scratches are even more afraid.
The glass with which the front panel of the clock is framed is also different, and it is important to choose the one that best fits your lifestyle. Cheaper plastic glass, which is broken and easily scratched. Mineral glass is often found in smart watches. It is resistant to scratches, but it is inferior in strength to the previous version, although it is much more expensive.
Headset – to your taste
The watch strap is made of different materials, just like the usual one. These materials have quite different properties, and therefore they should be chosen according to their taste. For example, silicone resembles plastic in properties, but soft and pleasant to the touch. In addition, it is relatively inexpensive. The rubber strap fits your wrist well, has a wide range of colors, cheap. Leather is very comfortable material, but expensive. There are certainly leatherette, worn they are worse and have other properties, but cheaper. Metal, in turn, is spectacular, durable and resistant to external influences. In the case of an allergy to one or another raw material, it is better to clarify the hypoallergenic composition of the bracelet and from this to repulse when choosing.